Thursday, March 12, 2009

day one

Today is my birthday and it got me thinking.

It’s pretty clear we’re rapidly approaching a fork in the road as a planet.
At some point each and every one of us will have to make a choice (or more accurately, a series of ongoing choices) that will impact which road, we as a global community, will take.

There is no morality outside of the human condition, and as far as the universe is concerned, the path we take will be the path we take. But I think it’s important we make these choice’s as the fullest expression of who we are.

The ocean is under no illusion of who she is, nor is a ‘63’ fender strat.
I am merely a declaration, a commitment and an action.
Said more succinctly, I am my relationship to my word.

Now is the time to stand firmly in who we say we are, share ourselves fully and be open to receive everything else that is doing the same.

In the words of Oren Lyons, faithkeeper of the Turtle Clan of the Onandaga Iroquois, when speaking of his tribal council tradition: "We just keep talking until there's nothing left but the obvious truth."

Now is the time to open a conversation, and so I begin......

mike

1 comment: