This really is a crazy world we’re living in. 17.6 billion years ago it all began. 17.6 billion years ago I was born and so were you and through an infinite series of miracles I’m sitting here writing words while you’re sitting there reading them and both of us are getting something different or something the same. Either way we are sharing an experience together and it feels a certain way and before and beyond our experience, it is difficult to understand how we came to be, why we feel the way we do and what we’re supposed to do with it.
Considering I am nothing more than a unique combination of the same energy and matter as you, as the trees, as the ocean, as the stars, as the past and as the future, logically I’m left with the notion of completion. I began 17.6 billion years ago, I’m already everything I could hope to be. Whole, complete and perfect in everyway.
And if I am made of the same stardust as you, then surely you are whole, complete and perfect in everyway too. In fact we are the same thing. Like two drops of the same ocean. And standing there I am left with a wonderful freedom to b, lower case without the e. A deep connectedness to you, to myself, to the source of it all. A profound, moving experience we’ve eloquently called
Love
Someone truly special to me once said, “Michael, there’s never anywhere to get, but always somewhere to come from.” Now more than ever I feel resolved in who I am and what my life is for. If there’s nowhere to get, no-one to become, as far as I can tell the point of all this stuff, or at least a natural expression of the magic that began 17.6 billion years ago, is to discover, experience and share
Love
So that’s what I am committed to bringing to every conversation, every song, every chicken salad. Bring it for no other reason than I can. And the more if flows from my fingers and toes I am humbled by what is now possible for me, for you, for us and for them. As I pull on my lucky jeans and head for the sun, it’s clear in the faces of those who’ve been waiting, love is the new cool baby. Welcome aboard…
mike

No comments:
Post a Comment